Running in conjunction with the track sessions at the BI + Analytics conference, these 120-minute Hands-On Sessions offer delegates the opportunity to touch the tools and technologies that are powering today’s Business Intelligence and Analytics leaders. What better way to understand solutions to your problems than to have an expert show you how to solve complex issues and give you the opportunity to try it for yourself!
- Delegates are required to bring their own laptop to the session(s).
- Minimum laptop spec requirements will be provided for each session.
- Full conference registration is required to attend.
- Hands-On Sessions require an additional fee to cover the cloud hosting requirements for each participant.
- Seating is limited in each session. To register for these sessions, simply click the button below.
The Session Line Up:
What’s the Hype About SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 Release?
Sathish Rajagopal, Senior Director, BI Solutions GTM – SAP
Attend this Hands-On Session to learn about the latest in SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.2 release. Get to know and experience the new features and innovations through hands-on exercises and understand how the platform side innovations can help your administrator to better manage your BusinessObjects landscape. The new trends in BI user experience and how they can consume and interact with BI artifacts through the new features on the client tools, as well as the value proposition in upgrading to the latest release will all be covered!
Turn your Dull Docs into Capable Dashboards: Implementing Geomapping Techniques in Webi 4.2
Gray Mitchell, Senior BI Consultant, Trainer – Consultancy by Kingfisher
SAP’s Dashboarding portfolio continues to expand and mature with the advent of Lumira 2.0. However, some organizations lack the time or the training to craft dashboard applications through Lumira or Design Studio. The training session will empower simple Webi users with a basic knowledge of their data, and allow them to craft sleek Geomap documents from within their existing tool of choice.
Gain Efficiency & Security in SAP BusinessObjects
Bruno Masek, Vice President, GB & Smith
Are you a BusinessObjects Administrator, BI Executive, or Developer/Tester of BI Content in your organization? Do you ask yourself, or team to answer questions about your landscape, that seem impossible to answer? Do you feel un-easy about the current level of risk regarding your Back-up, Disaster Recovery, or Content Testing plans? Are you having to scale & manage your BI environment with less people on your team? Come get your HANDS-ON a potential solution, that millions of users are leveraging at SAP BusinessObjects shops around the world, and see how it really works!
Executives – (Focus on SAP BusinessObjects KPI Reporting)
- Determine your license pool size (NUL/CSBL) Based on Actual Usage
- Find out Who is Using the BI your Team is Creating
- Deliver Compliance Reporting on the Development Life-Cycle of Highly Sensitive Reports
- Mitigate the Risk of Environment Downtime for your Customers
- Feel Confident in your Security Model Through Clear Documentation
Administrators – (Find More Time to Deliver Innovative BI Solutions, than Doing Manual, One-at-a-Time Tasks)
- Perform Impact Analysis on Your Entire Landscape
- Automate the Promotion Process Throughout Your Environments
- Bulk Repoint Webi Documents (UNV to UNX, or Just New Universes)
- Bulk Schedule the Purge of Webi Reports & Inboxes to Control the Size of the Landscape
- Bulk Update Universes: Restrictions, Connection, Parameters, etc
- Bulk Update Objects: Owners, Crystal Connections, Webi Variables, etc.
- Bulk Update Users: Add, Copy, & Delete – Users, Properties, Passwords, etc.
- Live Monitor & Automate Alerts for Memory & Usage of Memory
- Extract & Manage Security Through Innovative & Clear Matrix Interface
SAP BusinessObjects Developer/Tester – (Use Technology as a Force Multiplier in Your Work)
- Ease the Process for your Development Life-Cycle with Locking/Unlocking Reports & Universes during Development
- Checking In & Out Content for Automated Versioning
- Automate Testing, & Let Technology Find All of the Regressions when your Environment Changes
- Bulk Update Variables to Those 100 Reports, Where the Calculation Engine Changed its Behavior.
You Want to Get Data from Where? Dynamic Joins in Information Design Tool 4.2
Shaheen Makandar, Associate Principal – Consultancy by Kingfisher
Many times, in ad hoc reporting scenarios, you run into a situation where users would like report on different dates such as transaction date, GL date, posting date, etc. However, you can only do one type of join in the universe to support this kind of reporting due to a situation of effective dated joins from FACT to the dimension tables based on the dates selected. In such situations, where there is a need to do a conditional join among the FACT and dimension tables, based on the date that they want to report on, we can implement Dynamic joins. Join this session to understand in detail the problem at hand and the creative solution using the strong features available in Information Design Tool 4.2 and higher versions.
BI with HANA
Jonathan Haun, Director, Data and Analytics – Protiviti
Attendees will gain valuable insight into SAP HANA Modeling and SAP BusinessObjects reporting process. During the session, we will cover SAP HANA modeling and Web Intelligence reporting. Attendees will create three-dimensional calculation views and one star join calculation view based on sales data. They will then connect to the view using SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence. Within Web Intelligence, they will create a report based on a template provided.
Key Hands-On Tasks:
- Create 2-3-Dimensional Calculation Views using SAP HANA Web IDE 2.0
- Create 1 Star Join Calculation View using SAP HANA Web IDE 2.0
- Connect to SAP BusinessObjects 4.2 and create 1 Web Intelligence report based on the Star Join Calculation View in SAP HANA
Key Learning Points:
- Learn how to create information views within SAP HANA based on Sales Data
- Learn how to connect Web Intelligence to the generated information view.
- Learn how to create reports and analytics within Web Intelligence.
SAP Predictive Analytics for Business Intelligence Experts
Debraj Roy, RIG/Product Management, SAP
Dallas Marks, Principal Technical Architect – EV Technologies
Greg Myers, Principal Technical Architect – EV Technologies
This fast-paced session is aimed at experienced business intelligence experts without a PhD, and people who understand analytics but need more insight than traditional tools provide. We will use SAP Predictive Analytics to solve a real business problem and present the results back to a prospective stakeholder.
SAP Lumira Designer 2.0 for Beginners SOLD OUT!
Ingo Hilgefort, VP Product Management – Visual BI Solutions
SAP Lumira Designer 2.0 is SAP’s new flagship product for the creation of dashboards and custom analytical applications. This hands-on workshop is a series of activities focused on SAP Lumira Designer 2.0 in combination with SAP BW and SAP HANA. In this beginner session, you will learn to use the different components in SAP Lumira Designer and how to get started building the first dashboard. The session will provide you with hands-on experience in multiple areas of SAP Lumira Designer 2.0.
Massively Automate Predictive Models with Predictive Factory and SAP HANA
Debraj Roy, RIG / Product Management – SAP
In this session, we will introduce you to the next-generation SAP BusinessObjects Predictive Analytics, with a brand new SAP Fiori user experience. You will create a model, import into the Predictive Factory, and automate the various tasks in the lifecycle of a predictive model, including: apply to fresh data, test for deviations, and retrain a model using data from SAP HANA. You will also get hands-on experience using segmented, time-series model management enabling massive model automation.
Key Business Benefits:
- Massive predictive modeling
- Predictive Factory
- Operationalize Predictive Analytics
SAP Lumira Discovery 2.0 for Beginner SOLD OUT! Ingo Hilgefort, VP Product Management – Visual BI Solutions
SAP Lumira Discovery 2.0 is SAP’s new flagship product for data discovery and self-service BI for your business user. This hands-on workshop is a series of activities focused on SAP Lumira Discovery 2.0 in combination with SAP BW and SAP HANA. In this beginner session, you will learn to use the different capabilities in SAP Lumira Discovery and how to get started in preparing the data, analyzing the data and leveraging the data discovery capabilities. The session will provide you with hands-on experience in multiple areas of SAP Lumira Discovery 2.0.
Going Mobile – Design and Deployment using SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence 4.2
Rajesh Ponnurangam, Senior Consultant – Business Intelligence – Infosol
More often than not, users would like to consume their SAP BusinessObjects Web Intelligence content on their mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets. Web Intelligence SP04 interface is HTML 5 based and is optimized for use with touchscreen devices. This hands-on session will offer attendees looking to display their Web Intelligence report content on mobile devices, the opportunity to explore Web Intelligence chart codes, design considerations and deployment options on SAP BI Mobile client. Tips and tricks to enhance the display of both existing and new webI documents on mobile devices will be demonstrated
Key Business Benefits:
- The return on investment for organizations investing in BI Mobile
- Design considerations and Deployment options for Web Intelligence on SAP BI Mobile app
- Get to know the skills required for your team in deploying Mobile BI